Important Information from Our School
Receive important text alerts regarding school closures, changes and more on your…more
BELIEFS Mission Statement: The mission of Pembroke Community Consolidated School District #259,…more
All Pembroke Community Consolidated School District #259 students MUST be in compliance with the…more
Please help our school continue to provide the excellent education and activities…more
Junior High School
EXPECTATIONS FOR LEARNING
Tardy (Late to Class)
You will be marked “tardy” if you are not in your assigned seat when the tardy bell rings. School rules will be enforced according to Lorenzo R Smith School’s tardy policy.
When you return from an absence, it is your responsibility to make up the work you missed. ALWAYS copy down missed assignments from the class assignment board or from one of your classmates.
CLASSROOM POLICIES/DISCIPLINARY PLAN:
Respect yourself and your right to an education:
- Be prepared every day for class.
- Be ready and willing to learn
- Take responsibility for your own work
Respect your teacher:
- Arrive on time to class
- Follow directions and listen attentively
- Raise your hand to speak and stay in your seat/group at all times unless otherwise directed by teacher
Respect your classmates:
- Listen when other classmates speak
- Be attentive to other’s beliefs, answers, and or opinions
- Cruelty (bullying) will not be tolerated
Respect the classroom environment:
- Eating, drinking, and chewing gum is not allowed in the classroom
- Keep your work space/small-group area clean
- Electronic devices will not be permitted during class time
For consequences refer to your handbook
The mission of Pembroke Community Consolidated School District #259, a progressive rural district is to assure each student develops a solid foundation of knowledge, skills and character to maximize his or her potential – by providing quality staff and quality programs while engaging parental and community involvement in a caring and nurturing environment.